TPO 11 - Integrated essay

TPO 11 - Integrated essay

Both the reading and the lecture are about decrease of literature reading among young people. The author of the article states that there is a negative trend in literature reading and this phenomena has a negative outcome on the new generations. The lecturer cast doubt on the article, by arguing that culture is changed and it is still changing, subsequently one cannot infer that the trend of reading less literature is wrong.

First of all, the author claims that the decline we are experiencing will result in less imagination and less culture among the younger persons. The lecturer rebutted this point of the article, saying that, one cannot assume that a book talks only about literature: it can also be a scientific article, an critical essay and so forth. Furthermore, he continues saying that in this age and era, it is plenty of valuable materials such as movies and songs. He argues that there are other forms of art and expression, that aren’t necessarily written.

Secondly, the author upholds that in today’s world people have other hobbies, he literally sustains that “many persons are now more likely to turn on the television, watch a music video, or read a Web page”. The lecturer rebuts also this point, he points out that culture is modified, and some new forms of communication speak more directly and this is the reason for which they are preferred to reading.

Finally, the author ended his article, saying that currently there are less investiments in literature and they are poorly done as publishers put money on lots of mediocre writers instead of on top writers. Strikingly, the lecturer agrees with this opinion just to make his own point. Indeed, he shares the idea that there is a less support for literature and writers, although he claims that this is in the majority of the cases: writers’ fault. They are too complicated and they appositely write in a complex manner so that the audience did not easily get their books.

are about decrease of literature reading among young people
are about the decrease of literature reading among young people

Sentence: The author of the article states that there is a negative trend in literature reading and this phenomena has a negative outcome on the new generations.
Description: A determiner/pronoun, singular is not usually followed by a noun, plural, common
Suggestion: Refer to this and phenomena

Sentence: Finally, the author ended his article, saying that currently there are less investiments in literature and they are poorly done as publishers put money on lots of mediocre writers instead of on top writers.
Error: investiments Suggestion: investments

Don't take words from readings:
he literally sustains that “many persons are now more likely to turn on the television, watch a music video, or read a Web page”

Write the essay in 20 minutes.

--------------------------