Tpo 12

Tpo 12

In this set of material, the article and the lecture disagree about whether the image in the portrait of the teenager girl represents the famous English novelists; Jane Austen. The reading passage believes that this picture is a good record to what was she looked like. He states three pieces of evidence to support his claim. In contrast, the professor in the lecture challenges those evidence and put them in questionable as the fellowing.

First, the reading passage asserts that the agreement of Austen's descending family to use the portrait to represent this novelist is substantial evidence. The professor in the other hand; however, states that since this permission was given to her family members after seventy years of her death, those people did not live or see her before her death. Apparently, they do not know if this sketch was picturing her or not.

Second, the writer claims that the face characters in the portrait were portrayed details about Austin's feature which resembles the one in Cassandra's sketch. However, the listening passage believes that the description can not tell well representing that novelist, even though the noise and the eyes look similar, but the hair style was not similar her style; therefore, it might depict one of her teenage cousins who were many in the same age at that time. The professor thinks this picture was describing her cousin; Marrylain Cambria, who was her close niece.

Finally, the reading states that because the painting was not signed and undated, it is a real proof that it was her in the picture. The professor in the listening passage casts doubt this idea too; he thinks the stamp of the campus belonged to a man who sold it out of London, not in the city where Austin lived, and the painting done. Also, that man started to sell his campus when Austin was twenty years old, not that teenager girl in that picture.

In conclusion, the professor rebuffs the reading and thinks that none of that evidence was strong enough to proof the text's perspective.

Sentence: The reading passage believes that this picture is a good record to what was she looked like.
Description: A conjunction, subordinating is not usually followed by a sentence terminator
Suggestion: Refer to like

and put them in questionable as the fellowing.
and put them in question as the following.

The professor in the other hand; however, states that
The professor on the other hand states that //'On the other hand' means 'However'. It doesn't mean 'On another hand'.

even though the noise and the eyes look similar, but the hair style
Description: don't put 'even though' 'but' in one sentence.

casts doubt this idea
casts doubt on this idea

strong enough to proof the text's perspective.
strong enough to prove the text's perspective.

was not similar her style
was not similar to her style

Sentence: In contrast, the professor in the lecture challenges those evidence and put them in questionable as the fellowing.
Error: fellowing Suggestion: No alternate word

Write the essay in 20 minutes. Don't need a conclusion paragraph.

----------------------