TPO 16 Integrated Writing Task

TPO-16 - Integrated Writing Task

The reading passage states that in the twentieth century most of the archaeologists forced with serious problems and limitations in Britain. However, the professor in the lecture casts doubts on the points made in the reading.

First, considering the article many precious artifacts were lost during the construction projects. The writer thinks that the process with construction did not preserve the artifacts and many of them were destroyed. In contrast, the professor contradicts the idea and further explains that at the beginning of any construction process archaeologists exam the location and always government makes a plan for valuable sites, such as shifting the construction process to other areas or make supporting plans for excavation zone carefully and after that starting to construction projects.

Second, the reading passage claims that many archaeologists felt that the financial support for research was inadequate. Admittedly, the speaker justifies the information presented in the reading and makes the point that government paid financial support to construction companies for supporting these kinds of projects, also government gives value to archaeological excavations.

Third, the professor in the reading passage puts forward the idea that it was difficult to have a career in archaeology. In the same way, the speaker validates the idea and adds that government annually represents and supports different job positions in archaeology at various dimensions like researcher, data processor, construction supervisor, etc.

To sum up, both the writer and professor hold conflicting views about this issue.