TPO 21 genetic modification

TPO 21 genetic modification

The article is about genetic modification and gives an example of new trees that produce more fruit and grow fast and states that it has a number of benefits. In contrast, the professor refuses each of the benefits the author mention in passage.
First, the reading claims that the genetic modification trees are designed to be hardier than natural trees and give an example of new papaya tree in Hawaii, in opposit the lecturer refutes this point by stating that these new genetic modified trees, unlike natural trees, are designed only for certain circumstances and not all situation, for example, climate change, and if an unforeseen change happens they will die.
Second, The article claims that these type of trees have economic benefits because they are tough and grow faster and have more fruits, the professor contends that they have neither economic benefits nor they cost more than natural trees. the genetically modified trees need three more farmers and in compared with natural trees that grow from seed, the farmer should buy each of them from the company.
Furthermore, the passage asserts that using genetically modified trees can prevent over-exploitation of wild trees. The lecture opposes this point by saying that these trees have more damages, they are growing aggressively and they will compete with wild trees for water and nutrition.
So, that's why the professor does not agree with the passage.