TPO 22

TPO 22

According to the information presented in the reading passage, it can be clearly understood that due to some reasons, ethanol is not a good alternative for gasoline in future. However, considering the points presented in the listening passage, the lecturer is of the opinion that the points stated in the reading passage about downside of the ethanol is not true and in future the ethanol is supersede with the gasoline as a fuel.

As for the facts mentioned in the reading passage, the author is persuaded that the first disadvantage of the ethanol is that it couldn't reduce the greenhouse gas because burning the ethanol also create CO2. On the other hand the professor points out it is not true because they derived from a plants like corn and other plants. They absorb these gasses during growing. Thus, although burning them create CO2, they absorb that as a part of their nutrients.

The reading passage indicates that using these plants for making fuel drastically decrease the available food for other animal that always use them as a food. While, in the professor's opinion, it is not a big problem thanks to using another type of plants for making ethanol instead.

The last but not the least important problem for the idea of alternation is that the price of ethanol fuel, however, is much more than the price of gasoline. In addition, if the government don't pay tax, the cost never could compete with gasoline. In contrast, the professor believes that with increase the production about threefold the price of the ethanol will be decrease about 40%.

and in future the ethanol is supersede with the gasoline as a fuel.
and in future the ethanol will supersede with the gasoline as a fuel.

because burning the ethanol also create CO2.
because burning the ethanol also creates CO2.

because they derived from a plants like corn and other plants.
because they are derived from plants like corns and other plants.

although burning them create CO2
although burning them creates CO2

using these plants for making fuel drastically decrease the available food for other animal
using these plants for making fuel drastically decreases the available food for other animals

if the government don't pay tax
if the government doesn't pay tax

with increase the production
with the increase of the production