tpo 22

tpo 22

The lecture and the listening section discuss the pros and cons of using ethanol fuel. Although the reading provides three theories against ethanol fuel and says that it mads several problems, the speaker refutes these ideas through several reasons, which I will describe In this report.

First, the passage points out that ethanol fuel would not solve global warming because it releases carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. It does not have any environmental advantages over gasoline. The lecturer, in contrast, rejects this by claiming that ethanol fuel will not add carbon dioxide into the air. He adds that ethanol fuel is produced by plants such as corn. Also, the growing process of plants is counteracted by the releases of carbon dioxide. Because plants absorb carbon dioxide for growing process and change to the nutritious. So, the plants can reduce carbon dioxide from the atmosphere.

Furthermore, the reading passage states that ethanol fuel is produced by plants that use for animals' and birds' food so that the food of them would increase. However, the professor argues that ethanol fuel is produced by the cellulose of plants. The cellulose is presenting on the cell walls of plants, and it is most available on the parts of plants that not eaten by animals and birds. So, it will not reduce the animals' food.

Finally, although the passage says that ethanol fuel cannot compete with gasoline on price without government subsidies, so the price of ethanol fuel will be increased. The speaker disagrees by mentioning that government support will not always be needed. He adds that when more people use ethanol, producers will increase their production and subsequently the price of the ethanol decreases. He says that recent research showed that three times greater produce of ethanol will result in a forty percentage drop in its price.

Write the essay in 20 minutes.