TPO 24 Integrated Writing Task

In the reading, the author explains that the scientists were researching the T-rex and they discovered the remains of T-rex blood vessels, red blood cells and collagen which is a 70 million year old fossil. On the other hand, the professor is skeptical about the remains of blood vessels, red blood cells and collagen in T-rex found in 70 million year old fossils. Professor contradicts all three of the author's findings on remains found in T-rex bones.

First, as the author says they find the presence of a soft, flexible organic substance which may represent the actual blood vessels of T-rex bones. The professor denies this finding by explaining that sometimes bacteria resides inside the hollow bones of fossils and when they leave they left their remains as a soft organic substance. So most likely this soft organic substance which is found in T-rex bone is the remains of bacteria residues.

Second, the author microscopic examination of the T-rex bone they find the spheres which had a dark center which represent the iron which is a necessary part of red blood cells. However, the professor opposes this by explaining that these were not found in other animals. So, the T-rex do not have the red blood cells as the author suggested. In this way the reddish part may be just the red mineral in the bone.

Third, in the reading the author says the researcher found the remains of collagen in the T-rex bone which is essential biochemical material which is associated with bone tissues. The professor denied by saying that the author did not account for this information that the collagen can not last longer than 100 thousand years and the fossil remains were 70 million years old. So this information contradicts the author point most likely this fibrous material was the remains of recent animals or may be the remains of researcher tissues while handling the T-rex bone.

Write the essay in 20 minutes.