TPO 27 Summarize the points made in the lecture being sure to explain how they challenge the specific theories presented in the reading passage

TPO 27: Summarize the points made in the lecture, being sure to explain how they challenge the specific theories presented in the reading passage.

The author proposes three possible causes for The Little Ice Age and provides three reasons to support them. However, the professor says that those reasons are out of date and could not account for the Little Ice Age. He refutes all the reasoning of the author.
First, the author claims that the eruption in the Gulf Stream may have caused the little ice age. Yet, the professor opposes this point by saying that the cooling effect of the Gulf stream must only affect North America and Europe. But the cooling effect of the little ice age affected the Southern Hemisphere like New Zealand and Southern Africa. Because the disruption cannot explain why the southern hemisphere became cooler, it cannot fully explain the little ice age.
Second, the author avers that the volcanic eruption caused clouds of dust and sulfur, which blocked the sunlight causing the little ice age. On the other hand, the professor contends that point by asserting that it is true that the volcanic eruption causes dust and clouds; nevertheless, that volcanic eruption was not strong enough to release the amount of dust that contributed to that effect. Otherwise, it would cause a striking visual impact like a colorful sunset or grey and brown snow instead of a white one, and there are no reports about that visual impact.
Third, the author claims that the decline in the human population causes an increase in the forest, which decreased the greenhouse effect and increased the amount of CO2 that caused the Little Ice Age. On the contrary, the professor points out that the period of decline was not long enough to produce global cooling. The population grew back quickly to the previous level, and people clear out the forest for agriculture.

Write the essay in 20 minutes.