TPO 30, Integrated

TPO 30, Integrated

The passage mainly explains that Greek port city of syracuse defanded themselves against Roman navy by the help of "burning mirror, and passage rejects this claim. the lecture, however, introduces some evidences that undermine such claim.

First, the article claims that Greek did not have developed technology for making huge parabolic shape mirror. The professor casts doubt on this point by saying that Greek made parabolic mirror by the help of small individual mirrors, which making of them were practical in that time, Therefore, Greek were able to make large parabolic mirror y attaching them together.

Second, burning mirror needed long time for making fire because wood was not flammable in the long distances, as author claims, is repudiated by the lecture. She mentions that unlike wood, other material like peach that used for sealing, was flamable much fast. Hence, Greek did not need long time for making fire on the ships.

Third, the reading points out that Greek were able to use other strategies for making fire like flaming arrow reasoning that it was more practical. In contrast, the speaking says that Roman solders were familiar with flaming arrows: therefore, they could defend themselves, while Roman solders were not familiar with burning mirror, and it was a surprising way since they could not see fire.

which making of them were practical in that time,
which are making of them practical in that time,

Sentence: The passage mainly explains that Greek port city of syracuse defanded themselves against Roman navy by the help of 'burning mirror, and passage rejects this claim. the lecture, however, introduces some evidences that undermine such claim.
Error: defanded Suggestion: defended

Sentence: She mentions that unlike wood, other material like peach that used for sealing, was flamable much fast.
Error: flamable Suggestion: No alternate word

Some contents are not proper for the reading or lecture. read a sample:
http://www.testbig.com/integrated-toefl-writing-essays/tpo-30-integrate…

----------------------