TPO 30 – Integrated

Essay topics

In the set of material , both the reading and the professor discuss a burning mirror. The reading states that, according to some ancient historians, the Greeks defended themselves with an ingenious weapon called a burning mirror. and it says the story of burning mirror is just a myth and the Greeks of Syracuse never rally built such a device. And it provides three supporting reasons. Conversely the professor says that, the claims brought by the reading are unconvinced. And he refutes each claim in the reading.

First of all, the reading says that, the ancient Greeks were not technologically advanced enough to make such a device. But the professor says that, single sheet of mirror could range for large mirror. So it could direct the small ones into larger ships.

Second, the reading claims that, the burning mirror would have taken a long time to set the ships on fire. But the professor says that, the experemint that mentioned in the reading is imprical only if as soon used wooden for fire. But they had used other material to seal, they were using water proof sticky material like a pitch. In seconds one pitch was burning and therefore, was effective as weapon.

Third, the reading argues that, a burning mirror doesn't seem like an improvement on a weapon that the Greeks already had; flaming arrows. However the professor says that, Roman solders were familiar with flaming arrows. and we cannot see the arrows from mirror , we can just see the mirror, and it's surprisingle was effective more than flaming arrows.

the experemint that mentioned in the reading is imprical
the experemint that is mentioned in the reading is imprical
the experemint mentioned in the reading is imprical

they had used other material to seal
they had used other materials to seal

and it's surprisingle was effective
and its surprisingle was effective

Sentence: But the professor says that, the experemint that mentioned in the reading is imprical only if as soon used wooden for fire.
Error: imprical Suggestion: No alternate word
Error: experemint Suggestion: experiment

Sentence: However the professor says that, Roman solders were familiar with flaming arrows. and we cannot see the arrows from mirror , we can just see the mirror, and it's surprisingle was effective more than flaming arrows.
Error: surprisingle Suggestion: No alternate word