TPO 31 Integrated writing

TPO 31- Integrated writing

The reading passage introduces the topic of deforestation, which means cutting down of all trees. The writer claims that deforestation is beneficial to improve people's lives. The lecturer disagrees by saying that we should not concentrate on short term benefits, owing to loong term consequences. he attacks each claim made by the writer by the following reasons.

In the reading, the author begins by stating that deforestation leads to increase in farmland, and we can use this farmland to grow more crops and raise livestock. The speaker, on the other hand, opposes this claim by saying that, there are alternate ways to increase the farming. And there are new methods of agriculture farming, which doesn't require soil.

Also, the reading passage notes that, with the increse in population, humans need more space, and we can achieve this by DD. The lecturer refutes this argument by pointing out that, we are cutting down forests, which are responsible for providing 28 percentage of world's oxygen supply.

Finally, the writer says that, countries like Brazil, Indonesia are dependent on income from deforestation. The speaker finds flaws in this. he contends that, these are developing nations and the workers are being paid lower wages. he goes on to say that, the owners are benefitting from deforestation and not the workers.

All in all, reducing oxygen supply providers doesn't help the economy and doesn't improve people's lives.

better to have 4 paragraphs:
para 1: introduction
para 2: doubt 1
para 3: doubt 2
para 4: doubt 3