TPO 40 1

TPO 40-1

The main topic of both the passage and lecture is the possibility of humans living on other planets, especially Venus. The reading passage proposes three difficulties for habitation in Venus, which are the high pressure, water supply problem, and power issues. However, the lecturer seems to cast doubts on the elucidations explained by the author. Believing that with establishing a station in the outer atmosphere of the Venus, people can become resident there. He finds the reading proofs unconvincing and disproves each reason mentioned in the text, specifically.

To begin with, the first reason described in the article is regarding the fact that pressure on the Venus surface is 90 times greater than the Earth surface. Due to high pressure, any spacecraft or other thing that will land on the surface of Venus will crash immediately. Conversely, the professor finds this statement debatable and refutes it. He asserts that by establishing a station in 40 kilometers of the Venus atmosphere, in which air pressure is roughly equal to Earth's surface pressure and has no peril, living is possible in Venus.

Secondly, it is proposed in the reading passage that there is not any water reservoir on Venus. Also, the atmosphere of Venus contains hardly any oxygen or water vapor. Because of that, the permanent station idea is impractical. The lecturer rebuts this point, and He claims that although Venus's atmosphere is deficient in water or oxygen, they are many other chemical components. Also, He asserts that it is possible to produce water by the mentioned components. Consequently, it is not necessary to import the water.

Finally, whereas the author states that light is very low on the Venus surface and there are some problems to generate the electricity for powering the machines, the professor disproves this idea by explaining that electricity can be provided by establishing the station in the atmosphere and using both of the reflected lights by clouds and direct sunlight.

Write the essay in 20 minutes.