TPO 41 integrated factories do not want new regulations because they think effective ones already exist they will negatively affect customers demand it will cost them so much

TPO 41- integrated. factories do not want new regulations. because they think effective ones already exist. they will negatively affect customers' demand. it will cost them so much.

The reading asserts that new rules, as power factory members say, are not necessarily required and may have negative outcomes for them. The professor, however, refutes this claim and believes that even stricter regulations must be applied to these factories. In the following, her explanations, used to shed light on this controversial argument, will be discussed thoroughly.

First of all, as the reading claims, factories insist that sufficient rules already exist. The teacher overthrows this idea and declares that there are no regulations for older landfills which are currently being used even though there are some regulations about liner-material for new ones. Since there are no obligated rules for those factories, the leaked coal ash components have polluted water and caused damage. Therefore, rules must be applied to both new and old sites.

Secondly, the passage quotes that scholars anticipate that these rules will prevent customers from buying recycled products. The lecturer, on the other hand, claims that the rules do not stop consumers. As an illustration, she mentions the regulations on mercury. She announces that many rules have been subjected to this hazardous material, but their recycled products have been being used for 50 years. Thus, there would not be any problem for coal ash by-products demand.

Tertiary, the essay claims that these regulations increase the expenses of the factories. The educator rejects this opinion and acknowledges that the result will worth the extra costs. Although the rules cause 15 billion dollars for the factories, they only make an increase about 1% to house hold bills which is not so much for having a cleaner environment.