TPO 41 integrated writing skill

TPO 41 integrated writing skill

According to the reading passage, author lists three arguments to support that new regulations are unnecessary and might have negative consequences, since, lecturer holds opposite ideas and she states that new rules should be stricter than before. Also she suggests three competing theories, which contradict passage's arguments.
First, the writer claims that environmental regulations, which already exist, are effective. However, speaker admits that current regulations are not sufficient and because harmful chemical leak into environment, thus we should have stricter rules.
Second, the essay assumes that very strict rules for storing and handling coal ash might discourage the recycling of coal ash into other products. In contrast, she reckons that it does not mean that consumers should recycle coal ash products. For instance, mercury is a successful and safe recycle.
Third, the passage indicates that strict new regulations would result in increase in disposal and handling costs for power companies. On the contrary, lecturer contends that although it is true that costs will increase, but costs for power companies would be about 15 billion Dollars, about one percent for electricity bills, thus it is not important.