TPO 35 integrated writing skill

TPO 35 integrated writing skill

According to the reading passage, three theories were mentioned to explain the origin of the Voynich manuscript, while, in the listening section, lecturer stated that all three persons which were mentioned in the passage were not the real author of Voynich manuscript, also he pointed out some competing theories, which contradict to passage's arguments.
In the reading material, author suggested three ideas. First, Anthony Ascham, a sixteenth-century physician and botanist, has been identified as a possible author, because many plant illustrations in he Voynich manuscript are quite similar to those in Archam's book. Second, Edward Kelley, a sixteenth century personality, may have created the manuscript as a fake magical book to sell a wealthy noble. Finally, probably manuscript is actually a modern fake created by Wilfrid Voynich himself, perhaps his plan was to sell the fake as a mysterious old book to rich people.
However, in the listening material, speaker argued some other controversial theories. First, Voynich manuscript does not fit to Ascham's book, because his little herbal was documented based on other sources, so, it is unlikely he wrote that manuscript. Second, it seems unlikely that Kelley sold that manuscript to rich people, because people of that time were not so genuine, therefore, it does not necessary to write magical and mysterious book to sell them. Finally, both vellum and ink were at least belong to 400 years ago, so, Voynich himself could not have written it, and if he decided to write such an old manuscript, he definitely have used older ink.