TPO 48 integrated writing skill

TPO 48 integrated writing skill

According to the reading passage, author lists three methods that have been proposed to solve the problem of declining frog populations, since, lecturer holds opposite view and she states that passage's solutions are not practical. Also, she points out some competing theories, which contradict passage's arguments.
Firstly, the essay assumes that frogs are being harmed by pesticides, thus, laws should prohibit farmers from using harmful pesticides near sensitive frog populations. However, the listening material claims that reducing pesticides are not economically fair and possible, because if farmers have to follow stricter rules, they will lose more crops.
Secondly, the writer indicates that fungus, which has spread around the world with deadly effect, cause thickening of the skin and infects frogs die of dehydration. On the contrary, the speaker mentions that this treatment must be applied on frogs individually, so, it should be applied again and again on each generation of frogs.
Finally, the passage discusses that frog populations are in decline because their habitat are threatened by human activities, including excessive water use or draining of wetlands, where are habitats for frogs. In contrast, she reckons that protecting wetland habitats will not save frog populations, because global warming cause entire species being extincted, therefore, this method is unlikely to protect frog population.