TPO 42 Integrated Writing Task

TPO-42 - Integrated Writing Task

The reading and the lecture are both about solutions for preventing birs from injuries that caused by hitting to the glasses of the buildings.The author of the reading feels there is three possible explanations for guide birds away from buildings;however, the professor finds the idea dubious and casts doubt on the reasons proposed by the writer of the text.
To begin with, the author mentions that the architects can use unidirection windows that birds cannot see through the window and consider it a solid barrier. This specific argument is challenged by the lecturer. He brings up the idea that this glasses can reflect the lights of the sun, it operates like a mirror and so it reflects the image of the sky, therefore the birds will hit to the glasses. Additionally, he claims that this change to the glasses may increase the probability of injuries to the birds.
secondly, the writer of the passage holds the view that responsible businesses can use colorful designs on the glasses. in contrast, the speaker rebuts this hypothesis by underlying the fact that although using the colorful designs on the window, there is some opening holes in the window that birds see them and try to fly through them and be hit by the glass. He elaborates this by bringing up the point that this solution can work just in one circumstance that the colorful designs put together in the condition that it make extremely small holes and so it will be very dark that birds cannot see the light.
Finally, the author posits that creating an artificial magnetic field near the window may be beneficial for prevent the injuries of the birds. Moreover, in the article, it is stated that artificial magnetic field will disturb the natural navigating system of birds and steer the birds direction away of the window. On the contrary, the professor dismisses this issue due to the fact that birds use magnetic field of the earth when they want to travel long distances to recognize which way they should fly. Furthermore, he notices that for traveling short trips the birds just use their eyes and the brightness of the light; because of these this is not an effective way to prevent of birds injuries that happened due to hit to the glasses.