TPO 46 Integrated Writing Task In the United States medical information about patients traditionally has been recorded and stored on paper forms However there are efforts to persuade doctors to adopt electronic medical record systems in which informa

TPO-46 - Integrated Writing Task In the United States, medical information about patients traditionally has been recorded and stored on paper forms. However, there are efforts to persuade doctors to adopt electronic medical record systems in which informa

The reading and lecture are both about change the technique of storing medical information from paper base to electrical. The author of the reading feels that this changing have advantages and explain three reasons to support his idea. In contrast, the lecturer challenges the claim maid by author and refutes each reason. He is of the opinion that the advantages the reading states are uncertain.

To begin with, the author believes that this new method can reduce the cost efficiently, when they use papers to record patients information; these information need space to keep them, and also the transferring of these information have cost. there is much more costs such as copying or faxing these information. The lecturer however, rebuts this by mention that the doctors have no saving actually, most of them after changing their method use and keep paper record too for ligall situation. So, they need a storage and should pay storage cost.

Secondly, the writer states that this new method will have no error. Bad handwriting or improper storing cause many errors but, this new technique eliminate this kind of errors. This reason is challenged by the professor, she claims that most of the doctors still use pen and paper to write information permanently and later this information transfer to computer. So, there is still a chance of misunderstanding of bad handwriting.

Finally, the the author posits that another benefit can be medical aiding. in the article it is stated that the researchers can easily access to the information. In contrast, the lecture opposes this point, the lecturer state that in Us there is patients privacy law and people can strict all access to their records and if a researchers want this records there are many permissions they should get to access the information.