TPO 48 In recent years many frog species around the world have declined in numbers or even gone extinct due to changes in their environment These population declines and extinctions have serious consequences for the ecosystems in which frogs live for e

The reading and the lecture are both contradicting each other, in terms of a declining frog population. More specifically, the writer discusses three methods whereby the frog population can be saved. The lecturer in the listening passage disagrees with all the mentioned hypothesis in the reading and provides some evidence to refute them.

According to the article, the first dispute focuses on that law in which farmers cannot use pesticides to grow food crops near the location where frogs live. Nonetheless, the speaker undermines the argument presented in the passage. Furthermore, he discusses that stop using pesticides would not be a practical solution, and it would be disadvantageous for farmers since they would make less profit compared to farmers who have the freedom to use pesticides in their locations.

Moreover, another passage highlights that using antifungal medicines and treatments would be beneficial to kill fungal infections within the frog body. Nevertheless, the narrator believes that there are some flaws in the writer's argument. She explains this by stating that in order to give antifungal treatment, doctors need to treat each frog separately which would be very time consuming and costly treatment. Moreover, frogs can pass their fungal infection to their offspring as well. In such cases, doctors must need to treat frogs again and again. Hence, this solution is not practical.

Lastly, the text explains that frogs usually lay their eggs in water and wetlands. Hence, by preventing human activities in such areas, the frog population can be raised again. On the contrary, the speaker again opposes the theory and describes that the frog population is not mainly reduced by human activities, but also, due to the effect of global warming which has been constantly destroying their entire wetland and water sources for many years. Thereby, it is highly impossible to pause the global warming effect and save the frog population.

Write the essay in 20 minutes.