TPO 56

Essay topics

Both reading and writing discuss about a rare type of whale that has an usual voice with unique frequency. The reading states some theories about the existence of this phenomena, but the professors casts doubt on each of them.

First, the reading claims that based on a theory, the whale can be hybrid and that is why it can sing with a high frequency hertz which is not similar of each of its parent but both of them. The speaker disagrees, stating that if the whale is hybrid, it would not be found among other normal whales since hybrid whales migrate alone.

Second, the reading asserts that, like human, this unusual sounds may happen because the whale is deaf and therefore it don't know how to sing like others. In contrast, the speaker explains that the sounds come from trout which is not related to ability of hearing and producing these kind of sounds needs a particular structure in a whale trout.

Third, the passage says that this unusual whale maybe is from another type of species which is rare and could have been extinct until now. Again, the professor casts doubt and assert that if this whale is from another type of whales, therefore its parents should sing the same as it, however, no scientist have heared any sound like this before and this is the first whale with this peculiar ability.

In conclusion, we can see that although the reading passage argues some theories in favor of the cause of existence of this strange whale, the lecturer points some serious drawbacks to these theories.

better to have 4 paragraphs:
para 1: introduction
para 2: doubt 1
para 3: doubt 2
para 4: doubt 3