TPO 6 integrated writing

TPO 6 integrated writing

The reading proposes that communal online encyclopedias is not reliable and authorize as printed version. However, the professor in the lecture disagrees with the author's opinion and points out that those ideas are due to prejudice and ignorance.

First of all, the reading passage asserts that communal online encyclopedia are often contain errors. Nevertheless, the lecturer contradicts the hypothesis. She states that none of the encyclopedias are perfect, and the errors can be found from both on and off the internet. Besides, the errors can be adjusted on the internet, but that of printed encyclopedias are remain decades.

Secondly, the reading passage suggests that hackers and vandals can delete and fabricate the content in online encyclopedias. Yet, the lecturer asserts that problems can be solve easily. There are two strategies. The first way is the unchanged format. The "read-only" function keep the information reliable. The second way is to hire special editors who monitor the modifiers and eliminate the errors.

Finally, the reading passage points out that communal encyclopedias are focus on trivia which can't present the most vital information to readers. Again, the lecture disagrees with the reading and claims that printed encyclopedias have limited space which are managing by few academic writers. Therefore, the printed encyclopedias are less diversified and can't reflect users interests.