TPO 63 Summarize the points made in the lecture being sure to explain how they cast doubt on the specific methods proposed in the reading passage

TPO 63-Summarize the points made in the lecture, being sure to explain how they cast doubt on the specific methods proposed in the reading passage.

The reading passage and the lecture are both about the cheatgrass. The passage claims that there are three methods to the solutions of the cheatgrass problem, and the lecturer casts doubts on each method.

First of all, the writer mentions that a solution for preventing cheatgrass from spreading is that they could encourage animals such as cuttels to eat them. Hence, by eating the cheatgrass, they could open room for other native plants to grow. However, the professor argues that this method is not efficient because animals, called grazers do not choose to eat cheatgrass first. They will eat other plants first and later when they have nothing left to eat, they will eat cheatgrass. Therefore, according to the professor, this method is not going to work.

Second of all, the author of the reading claims that another option is to burn cheatgrass with controlled fires. According to the reading cheatgrass is flammable and that will help to get rid of it in a short time. In contrast, the lecturer states that cheatgrass produce seeds, which are pushed below the ground. Therefore, they are not impacted by the fire. As a result, seeds will grow and spread easily everywhere.

Finally, the reading passage points out that another option is to introduce fungal parasite, which has the ability to attack cheatgrass. Therefore, this way the spread of cheatgrass will slow. Nevertheless, the lecturer cannot disagree more with this point. He declares that cheatgrass and fungal parasites had lived together for a long time. That lead to the resistance of cheatgrass. Moreover, since cheatgrass has developed resistance throughout the years, only the weak ones will get attacked by fungus. Consequently, this option is not efficient as well.

In conclusion, the reading's methods are rejected by the speaker, who gives proves that all the methods mentioned on the reading are wrong.