tpo1

tpo1

The lecture and reading are both about reducing the number of days for employees from 5 days to 4 days. The professor disagrees with this concept for the following reasons.

First of all, the trouble of increasing company benefits. The teacher states that the firms will lose much of money because they should train new employees, paid for medical insurance, and buy more equipment, computers and disks. As a result, the companies will pay more money for workers. However, the reading says that will has more advantages for firms by enhancing the company's product.

Secondly, the issue of dropping the number of laborers. The lecturer mentions that reducing the number of workers might have a negative impact on the workers because companies might ask laborers to work overtime to finish their work. Also, firms will not hire new workers because that will be costly for them. As a result, this overtime work is unpleasant for workers. On the other hand, The passage states that many companies will hire new workers. As a result, the number of unemployees will reduce.

Finally, the problem of an increase in free time for workers. The professor says that increasing leisure time for a worker will have a deleterious impact because they might lose their job. When workers have free time that will prevent them from advancing on their work because they will not spend enough time on their work.