tpo18

tpo18

The reading passage states that Torreya trees in the state of Florida are extinct. Also, the reading proposes three ways to return Torreya. The professor, on the other hand, rejects all of the ways mentioned in the essay.
Firstly, the reading averts that in the same locations Torreya could be reestablished because in this region there is microclimate whether. The professor, in contrast, this solution would not be successful because these areas extremely affected by a change in the climate in the large area. Because of global warming, the temperature in these areas is increasing, and wetland has been drain and becomes drier. So, Torreya cannot survive under these conditions.
Secondly, the reading states that humans should help Torreya trees move them to different locations. The professor, on the contrary, rebuts this solution and gives an example of interfering with humans in nature. In this example, humans move another tree, blacktops, to the north. This kind of plants spread quickly and killed off other native plants and trees. So, blacktops harmed other plants and they became extinct. Therefore, transforming Torreya to far away current habitats can have outcomes for the new environment.
Finally, the reading argues that Torreya can be preserved in the research centers under a monitored environment. The professor, conversely, refutes this proposition and says that Torreya cannot able to survive in research conditions of research centers because they cannot resist diseases. They do not compatible with such places in the long term.