tpo22.1

tpo22.1

The text and lecturer offer two opposing views on the accuracy of ethanol usage and its consequences. While the reading part presents some clues to criticize the merits of this subject, the professor depicts some specific points to put into question for the reasons in the reading passage.

First of all, the professor disapproves that the ethanol usage causes to the environmental issue such as greenhouse gases, which in the reading part is mentioned as one of the throwbacks of this substance. As the man states, although the ethanol releases the CO2, which is considered as a greenhouse gas, this fuel produces by plants and they absorb the CO2 as nutrition. Thus, the ethanol does not lead to increment of atmosphere CO2.

Next, although the passage uses the surmise of the decrements in food resources for cattle as a failure of this subject, the lecturer puts doubt on the truth of this claim. According to the professor this fuel is extracted from material which is the cell wall of corn. In addition, this substance does not have the nutrition values for the animals and they do not eat them.

Finally, the professor argues that the ethanol will be costed the same with gasoline in the future when its usage enhanced. Meanwhile, the text mentions the ethanol cannot compete with the gasoline on the cost. Based upon the lecturer evidences as the demand of ethanol increased, it will be produced in a huge amount. The mass-production will decrease the expenses. As he estimates if the usage of the ethanol enhances threefold, its cost will decline forty percent.

does not lead to increment of atmosphere CO2.
does not lead to the increment of atmosphere CO2.

when its usage enhanced.
when its usage is enhanced.