TPO32-integ

TPO32-integ

Both the reading and lecture discuss the possible theories which had caused quackery sounds. The reading claims that bizarre sounds were heard by Russian sailors during 1960s until 1980s for a several reasons. However, the lecturer finds all the ideas dubious and presents some evidence to refute them all.

First off, the reading holds the view that orca whales living in the areas that submarines were. Thus, those odd sounds may have been produced by males and females orca whales. On the contrary, the professor dismisses the issue due to the fact that orca whales usually live in surface waters and not in the deep water. Hence, it is less likely for submarines to hear the sounds of orca whale from far distances.

Furthermore, the author argues that giant squids that live deep in the ocean are hardly detectable by sonar due to their specific shapes. They can emit sounds that could be the source of strange sounds heard by sailors. In contrast, the lecturer brings up the idea that those sounds were heard for two decades and disappeared then. If the sound of giant squid accounted for those odd sounds, the voice should be heard more than decades.

Last but not least, the passage argues that other submarines which were undetectable for military purposes were the source of froglike sounds. Conversely, the professor underlines the theory due to the fact that the direction of sounds changed rapidly. However, the technology was not advanced enough to build fast submarines.

orca whales living in the areas that submarines were.
Description: can you re-write this sentence?