TPO29-integrated

TPO29-integrated

Both reading and lecture discuss possible assumptions behind the migration of dinosaur in Alaska's North Slope. The reading claims that this region had underwent a severe cold condition that led dinosaurs to migrate, based on archeologists arguments. However, the lecturer finds all mentioned ideas dubious and offers some counterclaims to refute them all.

First, the reading holds the view that since dinosaurs were relied on plants as their foods, they had to immigrate to more warmer areas. In contrast, the lecturer undermines the suggested idea by proposing that the weather was warmer one million years ago. In fact, the North Slope took the advantage of 24 hours sunlight which provided suitable environments for plants to thrive in summer. Thus, the dinosaurs could be able to use benefit of the plants even in winter, which the plants were dead. It confirms that they do not need to migrate in order to find food.

Furthermore, the author asserts that since many skeletons of dinosaurs have been found from the same site, it acknowledges their livings in herd. Conversely, the professor casts doubt on this issue by stating that they lived in herd in order to be hidden from predators. In addition, she brings up the idea that a modern animal called elk is a large plant eater usually found in forests of eastern U.S.A lives in herd, but never migrates.

Last but not least, the author argues that since dinosaurs were been able to move long distances physically, they had migrated during harsh winters. On the contrary, the professor dismisses the issue due to the fact that young dinosaurs could not stand long distance trips. So, the idea that they had traveled during to escape from winter is unconvincing.

Sentence: The reading claims that this region had underwent a severe cold condition that led dinosaurs to migrate, based on archeologists arguments.
Description: A verb 'to have', past tense is not usually followed by a verb, past tense
Suggestion: Refer to had and underwent
Description: A noun, plural, common is not usually followed by a noun, plural, common
Suggestion: Refer to archeologists and arguments

since dinosaurs were been able to move
since dinosaurs have been able to move

during to escape from winter
Description: Check out books how to use 'during'