TPO38 Integrated Task

TPO38- Integrated Task

The reading and the lecture are both about how the international forest protection fund can help different countries to protect forests. Whereas the author of the reading states that there are some ways that can maintain forests, the lecturer suggests that these ways can not be effective. The lecturer casts doubt on the main points made in the reading by providing three reasons.
First of all, according to the reading, dispersing this fund to the governments, landowners and farmers help them to be more powerful to resist destructive industries, so this can protect the agricultural areas. However, the lecturer disputes this point. He says that agriculture is a destructive industry itself. To explain more, the more population, the more harvest for nutrition, and this can be occurred by modern agricultural technology that can harm the environment like fertilizers. As a result, this can pollute water more and increase deforestation, so it is not a good idea.
Secondly, the reading states that the fund can be used to improve the villages' economy. Hence, they can continue their lifestyle and come across life expenses. Nevertheless, the lecturer refutes this argument. He argues that the fund will go to the forest owners and they are neither the government, nor the residents, so they can not continue the way mentioned in the reading.
Finally, the reading claims that deforestation harm many plants and animals that live in the forest and people use them for their food, cloth, and medicine. By using the fund to protect forest areas, they can maintain valuable species. On the other hand, the lecturer believes that if people receive this money, they will use it to plant trees for commercial purposes. Therefore, this way is inadequate for forest protection.