TPO38 Integrated Task

Essay topics

The reading asserts that due to increasing pressure on the world's forests, an international fund to help countries develop their conservation techniques is a prudent course of action. However, the lecturer finds the idea dubious and casts doubt on the reasons proposed by the reading passage.

First of all, the author claims that devoting this fund to farmers and the government and requesting them to invest this money on agricultural purposes is the most significant privilege of this plan. In contrast, the professor highlights the fact agriculture is destructive to the environment itself. As population increase, farmers embark on using fertilizers and pesticides, which are harmful to the environment and consider water polluting.

Furthermore, the reading passage holds the view that this fund can be used for developing economies of villages and tribal communities. Conversely, the speaker asserts that it is not an adequate solution since the land's owners are not ordinary people and are usually governments, so there is no guarantee that the government appropriately spends that money.

Finally, the reading passage states that another noteworthy reason which makes this foundation essential is biodiversity. It is axiomatic that forests are thousands of species of plants and animals' habitats, which are the main people's source of food, medicine, and clothes, so deforestation is an alarm of losing biodiversity or even these sources. As a result, devoting money to forest protection is a good idea. On the contrary, the professor dismisses this idea due to the fact that again there is no guarantee that the government uses this money to cultivate plants that are useful and beneficial for the environment's biodiversity. The most important goal of governments is usually the ones related to the economy. Consequently, the government may commerce planting trees for commercial purposes.