Tpo41Burning coal in power plants produces a waste product called coal ash a material that contains small amounts of potentially harmful chemicals Environmentalists in the United States are concerned about the damage such harmful chemicals may be doing

The reading and the lecture are about coal ash, which is a waste material produced by burning the coal and its impacts on the environment. The author of the article mentions that applying new laws is not necessary and can affect bad results. The lecturer disputes the claims made in the article. His position is that applying new rules and regulations can protect the environment from the next consequences.

To begin with, the author argues that these rules already exist, for instance, companies have to use linear material, which can prevent coal ash from going inside the soil and ruining the environment. The article mentions that companies have to use linear materials in each new land. This specific argument is challenged by the lecturer. He claims that using the linear material is not sufficient, because this material leaked into the groundwater and is harmful to the drinking. Additionally, he points out those new regulations must apply not only to the old lands but also to new lands.

Secondly, the writer suggests that applying new rules for storing and dealing with coal ash might concern stopping the recycling of coal ash for other products. In the article, it is said that coal ash has been used in construct new materials such as concrete and other materials for construction. The lecturer, however, asserts that struck new regulations will not affect any concerns about the recycling of coal ash. He elaborates on this by bringing up the point that the regulations were applied to mercury and there were no problems in handling or storing it.

Finally, the author posits that applying new regulations will significantly increase the cost of power companies. Moreover, in the article is stated that power companies will increase the bill of electricity which is not good for the public. In contrast, the lecturer's stance is that the cost of implication these rules will cost 50 billion dollars for the companies. He notes that this will increase the electricity price around 1 percent for the consumers which is not too much for protecting the environment.

Write the essay in 20 minutes.