tpo42

tpo42

The reading mainly talks about how birds get injured with the normal glasses. However, the listening challenges what are stated in the passage by providing three strong reasons.
To begin with, in the reading, it is said that replacement of normal glasses with one way transparent glasses could solve the problem. In contrast, the listening holds a view that these kind of glasses have reflection and the picture of sky and trees might be shown on glasses, as a result, birds fly through them and cases the injured.
Secondly, the passage asserts that windows could be colourful with lines. However, the professor maintains an opposite opinion that says, open wholes between lines can be dangerous, they could draw the lines close to each other, but that makes the room dark which is not a good idea.
Thirdly, the author of reading passage believes that artificial magnetic field is another solution to make a bird be aware of glasses. On the other hand, the professor disagrees it with the point that, birds has magnetic sense to find out their way which is navigate earth magnetic. So using magnetic solution for small distances while be useless, because they need eyes to recognize the glasses.