TPO42

TPO42

The article discusses about problem of using glass in buildings that cause issues for birds
because birds cannot see glass and give three solutions that can fix this problem. But on the
contrary, the lecturer believes that using galss is still problematic and argues that these
solutions are not effective and will not resolve this problem and refutes these solutions.
First, The author suggests one-way glass which is visible only from one side and in the other
side, birds can not see inside and this will shows to birds that it is like a solid substances and
will try not to go toward glass. On the other side of the hand, the lecturer express that this solid
one-way glass behave like mirror from outside and reflects the outside view like air, tree and ...
.Thus birds still have misunderstanding and will see reflection and still try to fly towards it.
Second, the passage stated that using colors and patterns will solve this challenge and help
birds to distinguish glass better. Colors or some patterns like stripes and lines are usable, and
from inside people can see outside but from the outer area, birds see these patterns and avoid
them. But the lecturer rejects this solution and explains that birds still trying to fly toward these
patterns because they see holes and space between lines and try to fly through them. In this
vein, people cannot use thicker lines because they cannot see outside so, using patterns always
has this issue.
Finally, the writer provides usage of the magnetic feature to solve this case and stated that
because birds can feel magnetic fields so, people can use this characteristic as a solution.
Writer suggests that with using artificial magnetic field, they can redirect birds and avoid birds
from colliding to the glass. But the speaker gives explanations about this solution and decline
this option. He stated that birds use this attribute in long journey and never use them in short
distances like moving in cities. So still there will be some birds who live in cities that will hit the
glass

Write the essay in 20 minutes.