Tpo49

Tpo49

In this set of material, the reading strongly postulates that humpback whales use the star navigation for migration to long distances, and present three theories to endorse its idea. On the other hand, the speaker states that though using star as navigating tool seems fascinating, but evidences supporting the theories are dubious and unconvincing, and gainsays each of the argument mentioned in the reading.

First and foremost, writer begins by asserting that whale’s brain has developed a high degree of complexity and intelligence, thus they would have to use that as orientation during the starry nights. The lecture refutes this claim by pointing out that though whale proved to have extreme intelligence, there is no connection between intelligence and star navigation. He exemplifies this by ducks that they have average intelligence and still use the stars for their navigation. Therefore, this theory makes no sense.

Furthermore, the lecturer mentions that there might be some other explanation than using stars to help them travel in a straight line. He explains that humpback whales has develop an organ, biomagnitide that senses the magnetic field. Thus, the marine animal would be sensitive to earth's magnetic field, and this could help him get an orientation in the wide seas, not the stars. This claim rebates the writer's implication that whales would have used start because they can travel in a straight direction over long distances, just like other terrestrial animals do.

Ultimately, the writer wraps its arguments by declaring that humpback whales have spy hopping behaviour which lead them to navigate through stars. Not surprisingly, the lecturer dismiss this argument by contending that though spy hoping is rare in other animals yet there are sharks which exhibit the same attitude. Vividly, they use that behaviour to catch prey during the day when there is enough light. Since it can not be used to navigate during night when it is dark.

Write the essay in 20 minutes.