TPO49 Humpback whales

Essay topics

The reading and the lecture have a discussion on how humpback whales migrate long distances. The reading mention three potential theories. On the contrary, the lecturer considers none of them would be effective with certainty.
First, the reading suggests that humpback whales utilize stars to navigate. However, the opinion has been opposed by the professor with new proof. The professor says that there is no direct evidence showing the connection, ducks also use stars to navigate but they are not as intelligent as humpback whales. The opinion has been challenged heavily.
Moreover, the article claims that humpback whales go in straight lines is one reason. On the other hand, the professor says that humpback whales are attracted by the earth's magnetic field, not because of stars, which differs from the reading as well.
Finally, the author believes that humpback whales floating straight up are looking at stars, while the professor in the listening material maintains that other animals do such activity with a different purpose. In addition, humpback whales usually float straight up during the day when there are no stars. Thus, the reading passage has been refuted again.
Therefore, the speaker departs totally from the opinions on the topic made in the reading.

better to have 4 paragraphs:
para 1: introduction
para 2: doubt 1
para 3: doubt 2
para 4: doubt 3