Essay topics: What is one of the oldest, if not actually the oldest, human bodies was discovered in 1991 by some rather surprised hikers who were traveling in the Alps of the Southern Tyrol close to the border between Austria and Italy. The hikers noticed what looked like a human body with dried out skin. The body was originally taken to Innsbruck University in Austria; however, after some investigation, it was determined that the body had actually been discovered on the Italian, rather that Austrian, side of the border, so it was sent to a museum in Italy for study. Numerous tests were conducted on the body to determine its age. Though it was believed that the body was rather old, there was considerable surprise among the researchers when various tests all arrived at the conclusion that the body was more than 5000 years old.
The researchers who studied the body determined that it was a male who has darkish skin and was forty to fifty years old. He was rather short by today’s standards, at around 5 feet 2 inches (1.58 meters) tall. He was wearing a tanned goatskin coat, a calfskin belt and leggings, shoes with bearskin soles and deerskin uppers, a bearskin cap, and a cape made of woven grass. He was carrying a dagger with a flint blade, a copper axe, a wooden bow, a fur backpack, and a deerskin quiver with arrows.
How does the information in the listening passage add to the ideas presented in the reading passage?
In this set of materials, the reading passage discusses the oldest human body discovered and describes all the details about his costumes and carrying things and the listening passage discusses some important points about this discovery including the probable reasons of the found body’s death.
According to the reading, some hikers found a human body with dried out skin by chance. After some some tests were conducted it was corroborated that it was a male more than 5000 years old. In addition, the author of the reading declares that it has been accompanied with all his clothes such as a tanned goatskin coat and a lot of accessories and tools such as calfskin belt and dagger.
Base on the listening one considerable feature of this discovered body is that it has been buried in the ice for thousands of years with all of his clothing and tools. This evidence can demonstrate that the dead man has not been prepared for death since he has been wearing regular cloths and carrying his daily tools as routine activity. The professor mentions one speculation interpreting his death that due to his daily belongings and being found in the Alps by hikers he might have died from exhaustion while travelling mountains. However, finding several wounds on his body reveals the possibility of having been engaged in a combat just before his death.
- What is one of the oldest, if not actually the oldest, human bodies was discovered in 1991 by some rather surprised hikers who were traveling in the Alps of the Southern Tyrol close to the border between Austria and Italy. The hikers noticed what looked l (70)
- What is one of the oldest, if not actually the oldest, human bodies was discovered in 1991 by some rather surprised hikers who were traveling in the Alps of the Southern Tyrol close to the border between Austria and Italy. The hikers noticed what looked l (75)
- Compare yourself today and yourself five years ago. In what ways are you the same or different? Use specific examples to support your response. (86.66670000000001)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Actions speak louder than words. (80)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Solitude, spending time alone, is one of our best teachers. (76.66670000000001)
- It is more important for student to read books about real events than it is for them to read novels. (85)
- "The purpose of many advertisements is to make consumers want to buy a product so that they will 'be like' the person in the ad. This practice is effective because it not only sells products but also helps people feel better about themselves." (70)
- The following is from an editorial in the Midvale Observer, a local newspaper."Ever since the 1950's, when television sets began to appear in the average home, the rate of crimes committed by teenagers in the country of Alta has steadily increased. This i (80)
- "In many countries it is now possible to turn on the television and view government at work. Watching these proceedings can help people understand the issues that affect their lives. The more kinds of government proceedings---trials, debates, meetings, et (80)
- "The study of history has value only to the extent that it is relevant to our daily lives." (50)