How does writing impact today s world

How does writing impact today's world

Neuroscience states that a written sentence is stored in the memory for a longer time due to the brain's capability of capturing it like a photograph. Hence, owing to the extensive retention capacity, the impact caused by it in mental and physical aspects is more. Writing has the capacity to change lives by motivating and inspiring them and this is effectively proven for many years through religious texts like the Bible and Bhagwad Gita. It is a tool of expression, validating the old phrase of "The pen is mightier than the sword".
Writing has become the bridge between communication and the cultures of today’s society. Newspapers, articles in magazines and mobile phones, a quick read that gives a gist of the global scenario is preferred in today’s busy lives over prolonged news channels. A good piece of text has the capability to linger in one’s mind, coaxing him/her to draw various conclusions from it, sparking an intellectual debate or a conversation. Moreover, through the various written texts, one can dive deep into information, to explore the facts about the past, relevant in today’s world.
Like every coin, writing has its own cons one of which is a publication of misleading written texts on social media sites, predominantly used by the majority of the public in the world that can have far-reaching effects of manipulation and political imbalance, leading to chaos in the society.
I am of the conviction that, with a strong foundation of the basics and a determined mind, writing can alter some of the paradigms for positive growth.