Home >> Pteacademic Essays

Effective learning requires time, comfort and peace so it is impossible to combine study and employment. Study and employment distract one from another. To what extent do you think the statements are realistic? Support your opinion with examples?

Parth3737's picture

Comfort, time and internal peace are required to make learning efficient. Hence, it is not possible to do job and study side by side. Occupation and education disturb one another. I strongly oppose this statement because handling both these together is easily possible with strong willpower. I will elaborate points to support my opinion in the further paragraphs.

Firstly, there are a lot of people in western countries, who do a part-time study and work full-time or vice-versa. It all depends on the preference of the individuals. If they want to bear some hassle and become more productive in their life, they can manage both things side by side. This not only makes them knowledgeable but increase their potential as well.
S
econdly, there are a few parents who cannot bear the expenses of their child’s education. Resultantly, they put their children into some labor so that they can earn money for the family. But it does not mean that the child has to abandon his dream of acquiring education. With firm determination, they can continue their education and work to feed their family as well.

Finally, sometimes people think they have completed their education, but when they get a full-time job, they realize that diploma or degree can increase their chances of promotion. Moreover, some employers select the potential employee from colleges while they are studying and pay for their Masters or Advanced Diplomas because they see their profit in that investment. Hence, studying and working side by side helps candidates to grow professionally.

In conclusion, working and studying is very much possible. It just depends on the dedication and determination of the person. People should do both study and work side by side to make themselves more skilled and capable.