Essay topics: Internet access should be chargeable or should it be free in this modern society? discuss
Providing internet access to the people in the present society should be paid or free was always a debatable topic. Even though, many people claim that in today's connected world internet access is a basic need that should be provided free. Others reject this notion and argue that everyone does not deserve internet access. In my opinion, former proposition appears to be more rational. The following essay would further elaborate both sides of the statement with clear examples and thus lead to a plausible conclusion.
To begin with, in fast growing world internet access should be available to everyone in some form or another. Access to the internet is not only an essential utility for most but also, more importantly, one of the few media which an individual or group can reach out to the world and have their opinions voiced as equal to larger corporations. Moreover, internet acts as a medium for people to act, to discuss, to communicate and to assemble without restriction. For example, internet is widely used in elementary schools and schools are asking students to have access to the internet at home. Recently, in Japan, Municipal wireless network which is called Muni WI-FI has been introduced where both public and private sectors are involved to develop an network connection to provide free internet access to everyone.
On the other hand, people believe that everyone does not deserve to access internet. For example, prisoners should not have access, nor should children who are being punished for bad behavior. It is the responsibility of the person paying for the internet to determine who are accessing internet.
According to the arguments aforementioned, one can reach out to conclusion that access to internet should be provided free to everyone. In a nutshell, it can be concluded that internet inspires merit, globalization and sparks new outlooks in individuals
- Should marketing for consumer goods companies like clothing and food focus on reputation or on short term strategies like discount and special offers? Why? (77)
- Global warming (85)
- Education is important as it teach ethics and life value as it teaches us practical things for future employment. What is your opinion? (68.5)
- Whether universities offer popular culture (77)
- University only requires to apply digital media rather than continuously upgrading textbook. Agree or disagree. (80)
- Internet access should be chargeable or should it be free in this modern society? discuss (77)
- Most high level jobs are done by men. Should governments encourage that a certain percentage of these jobs be reserved for women? What is your opinion? (77)
- Some people believe that the sole aim of higher education is to make people ready for employment. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Discuss (77)
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of living in an era in which new things are constantly being invented? (72)
- Some people believe that academic subjects such as chemistry, physics, and history should be taught in schools, while others believe that students will derive more benefit from studying practical subjects, such as motor mechanics and cooking. (77)