Essay topics: Learning a new language at an early age is helpful for children. It is more positive for their future prospects, though it can also have some adverse effects. Do you agree or disagree?
Although such topics, in all likelihood, never will yield a consensual agreement, a constructive dialogue on whether it is helpful for children to learn a new language or not can lead to thought-provoking discussions. I have a mixed opinion about the topic because there are positives and negatives of learning a new dialect for children.
there are a number of reasons in favour of my stance. Firstly, creativity is easily developed in children when they learn a new language. As they learn to speak in a new dialect, it enhances their analytical ability. For instance, a recently completed survey has confirmed that children who learn new languages are more versatile and quick-learners in schools. Therefore, it exemplifies the fact that learning a new language is beneficial for students.
On the other hand, learning a new language is a waste of children's time and energy as they have many important and interesting things to learn in their lives. For instance, they can learn to play musical instruments such as a guitar or a piano, or they can learn a new sport such as swimming or cricket to become a future sportsperson. Thus, learning a new language is undermining the potential in children.
To conclude, I see that there is equally potential evidence to support the arguments that I have provided, and hence I agree that learning a new language has its own set of advantages and disadvantages for children.
- Learning a new language at an early age is helpful for children. It is more positive for their future prospects, though it can also have some adverse effects. Do you agree or disagree? (77)
- The majority of television news being reported is bad news: wars, famines, accidents and crime. Some people think that television news should be a mixture of good and bad news.Choose whether you agree or disagree with this statement and discuss why you ch (86)
- Some people think that it would be better for large companies andindustry to move to regional areas outside large urban centres.Others believe that companies and industries should remain inmore urban areas.Choose which position you most agree with and dis (55)
- Studying at a good overseas university is better than studyingat a university in your own country.Choose whether you agree or disagree with this statement anddiscuss why you chose that position. Support your point of viewwith details from your own experie (72)
- Online language learning has advantages over classroominstruction.Choose whether you agree or disagree with this statement anddiscuss why you chose that position. Support your point of viewwith details from your own experiences, observations orreading. (77)
- Schools must prepare students for the university rather than for work. Support your point of view. How far you agree with this statement. Give examples from your own experience. (55)
- There are many different types of music in the world today. Why do we need music? Is the traditional music of a country more important than the International music that is heard everywhere nowadays?Please provide solution. (55)
- It is becoming increasingly popular to have a year off between finishing school and going to university. Some people believe that the year off is a waste of time while others believe that it is necessary.Choose which position you most agree with and discu (77.3333)
- Nowadays Television has become an essential part of life. Medium to spread news & awareness and for some it acts like a companion. What is your opinion about this (72)
- The environment we live in is in danger due to various global problems. What are the underlying causes? Who is responsible to combat this? What measures?The environment we live in is in danger due to various global problems. What are the underlying causes (11)