A serious problem affecting countries right across the globe is the lack of water for drinking washing and other household uses Why do many countries face water shortages and what could be done to alleviate the problem

A serious problem affecting countries right across the globe is the lack of water for drinking, washing and other household uses.
Why do many countries face water shortages, and what could be done to alleviate the problem?

Today, billions of people around the world lack adequate access to one of the essential elements of life – clean water. This plight in many countries has been caused by various crucial factors, from the neglect of natural infrastructure due to deforestation to the unwise water usage. However, this situation can be dealt with by taking certain initiatives. This essay will explore some of these causes in detail and propose related solutions to address them.
First and foremost, the loss of vegetation from deforestation leads to a shortage of clean, plentiful water. For instance, when significant numbers of trees are cut down, it disturbs the evaporation levels and dries up the moisture needed to continue the water cycle. This affects water cycle balance and can lead to drought in critical agricultural areas. This is easily facilitated by reducing the use of wood, but the simplest strategy to combat deforestation is to plant more trees.
Although water is a renewable resource, it is often wasted. With technical progress people do not realise that they use an excessive amount of water for baths, showers and washing machines. Moreover, since we are polluting it at an alarming rate, we cannot clean all of it either. For example, about 80 percent of the world's wastewater is released back into nature without further treatment or reusing. The answer is for the government to develop training programmes and technical guidance to promote an understanding of the value of water.
In conclusion, even though deforestation and water wastage are the cause of water scarcity, there are still feasible measures. By reducing usage of wood and developing programmes for society awareness by the government we can alleviate the issue.