Essay topics: Jahn argues that we do not have to change our traditions to keep pace with technological changes .To what extent do you agree or disagree with his position. Support your position with examples
Humans came together in the neolithic era and formed communities . With the division of labor , work and settlement various tradition emerged. They have changed and been adopted with the passage of time . Today we have come a long way to live in a world of technology . However , as long as human sentiments are intact and the human race continues traditions are to stay.
With the advancement of communication people can understand tradition , culture and norms better. There is far reaching communication that allow inter - community interactions and allow culture and tradition to move put of limited communities. Christmas a festival exclusively celebrated by Christians is now enjoyed by all races and kinda of people world wide. The idea of cutting a cake and blowing candles on special occasion originated from China and is now practised all over the world. Similarly food habits and food items from one continent to another. Various vegetables such as tomatoes , soya , potatoes traveled from North america and formed regular diet in Europe. In fact potatoes became so popular in Ireland that many died due to the potato famine in 1845
Technology does not require us to change tradition but understand them better . The advancement of scientific thinking has helped us identify the reasons why most of the traditional that we follow today began . It has been found out most of the practices were based on proper scientific n order to maintain good health. For example the ritual of worshiping the sun god after taking bath was made in concurrence with the knowledge that standing in sunshine with wet skin ensures proper synthesis of Vitamin D in the body.
Many traditional practices can now be learnt better with the aid of technology.Ballet and many other dance forms of the east involve intricate and fast movements . These movements can be captured on a computer and studied in ways that mere human eyes cannot .Most of the steps can be seen in slow motion which are otherwise impossible to demonstrate due to problems of balance.This feature of technology thus enhances learning process
Many indigenous groups have resisted changes in technology in order to retain tradition. However technological changes cannot transform tradition unless humans themselves turn into machines. Traditions are integral parts of human moral and sentiments and as human emotions are not controlled by machines so must not be our tradition.
- Describe a story /background that helps us know more about you. (90)
- Describe a story ,culture, community or background that is an integral part of your life. (95)
- Write an essay that helps us know you better (90)
- Write an essay on an extracurricular activity that you enjoyed. (90)
- Write an essay on an extracurricular activity you have taken or plan to take in college. (80)
- Write a letter to your future roommate that lets her know you better (80)
- It is easy to make judgments about people and their actions when we do not know anything about their circumstances or what motivated them to take those actions. But we should look beyond a person's actions. When people do things that we consider outrageou (53.3333)
- Everybody has some choice. People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want and, if they can't find th (90)
- Is it more valuable for people to fit in than to be unique and different? Plan and write an essay in which you develop your point of view on this issue. Support your position with reasoning and examples taken from your reading, studies, experience, or obs (86.66670000000001)
- Does progress reduce the number of problems in the world, or does solving old problems just lead to new ones? (90)