Essay topics: Should heroes be defined as people who say what they think when we ourselves lack the courage to say it?
Courage , boldness and confidence make good humans. Since times immemorial people who are brave and have the ability to fight the evil are the ones who are defined as heroes. Although heroes belonged to the common man group they differed as they displayed remarkable ability. In today’s world power of flying or humongous muscular strength do not define heroes. It is the outspoken nature , leadership quality and ability to go beyond the barriers of society that make heroes . Thus it is right to consider those who have the courage to express themselves freely as our heroes .
Many philosophers say that most of the humans are driven by passion and impetus. They claim that those who “over think” and silence their passions cannot make the best of their lives. Those are afraid of knowing themselves and fail to discover their potential actually waste all their talent. However they are some “heroes” who are not afraid of anything. The truth is they are not afraid of following their passions and thus can combat any challenge. We sing paeans for rulers and warriors. One of the legendary kings is King Arthur . He is known for his strength and bravery . However the reason we respect him is because of perseverance, his enthusiasm and conscience that guided him to seek the Holy Grail.
Other examples of heroes include Nelson Mandela , Martin Luther King and Abraham Lincoln . Nelson Mandela was a black African who fought for the rights of blacks in South Africa. He spoke of equality and freedom of blacks in Africa who were dominated by the whites. He fought for their rights even thogh he was sent to prison . After the whites concede to the demands of the black s he agreed to govern the with their co -operation he had no feeling of revenge for the whites and drafted a constitution that allowed blacks and whites to live happy and coordinated lives.
Another well known lady is Rosa Parks . She was travelling by bus when the conductor asked him to get up as the seat was reserved for the whites. She refused to get up and stated that blacks and whites should have equal rights over public properties such as buses, parks . libraries etc. She was thrown out of the bus yet she remained undeterred. This story is now well-known and the bold nature of Rosa Parks has made her our hero.
Today those who fight for gender equality , rights for the backward classes and the minority , environmental protection and do not fear to criticize the existing governments for their injustices or flaws are the real heroes. It is time that we stand with our heroes and not only watch but also participate with them.
- Describe a story /background that helps us know more about you. (90)
- Describe a story ,culture, community or background that is an integral part of your life. (95)
- Write an essay that helps us know you better (90)
- Write an essay on an extracurricular activity that you enjoyed. (90)
- Write an essay on an extracurricular activity you have taken or plan to take in college. (80)
- Write a letter to your future roommate that lets her know you better (80)
- It is easy to make judgments about people and their actions when we do not know anything about their circumstances or what motivated them to take those actions. But we should look beyond a person's actions. When people do things that we consider outrageou (53.3333)
- Everybody has some choice. People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want and, if they can't find th (90)
- Is it more valuable for people to fit in than to be unique and different? Plan and write an essay in which you develop your point of view on this issue. Support your position with reasoning and examples taken from your reading, studies, experience, or obs (86.66670000000001)
- Does progress reduce the number of problems in the world, or does solving old problems just lead to new ones? (90)