Professor Funding for education is a really hot topic nowadays so today we re going to talk about how universities use their limited resources In the discussion board please respond to the following question Should universities prioritize funding academic

Professor: Funding for education is a really hot topic nowadays, so today we’re going to talk about how universities use their limited resources. In the discussion board please respond to the following question: Should universities prioritize funding academic facilities like libraries, or is it okay to spend just as much money on sports and athletic programs?

Rachel: I think universities should prioritize funding for libraries. Libraries are essential for academic research, and they provide students with access to information and resources that they might not have otherwise. Investing in libraries can also help attract and retain the most talented professors, which can ultimately benefit the university as a whole. Sports, on the other hand, appeal to just a few people.

Mike: While I agree that libraries are important, I think that sports programs should also be a priority for universities. Sports can bring the campus community together, even if that just means they attend sports and cheer for their favorite athletes. Meanwhile, among the athletes themselves, sports promote teamwork and leadership skills. Additionally, successful sports programs can generate revenue for the university and boost its reputation.

In my opinion, universities should mostly prioritize funding academic facilities, such as libraries. I strongly agree with Rachel's opinion that libraries are essential for academic activities in general. I would also add that by funding libraries and other academic facilities, including laboratories, universities will attract not only talent professors, but also talented students. This process would increase the universities reputation even more and in turn it will get even more funds from various resources such as from national institutes, scientific communities, and even from big business corporations.
Mike raised a relevant point that by funding sports, universities reputation will also increase. But he missed the point that sport driven universities and its reputation is not long lasting. This act will usually attract sport oriented students, who are not good at academic activities because such students mostly spent their time around focusing on their sports achievements, not academic progresses. Hence, it would lead bad consequences for universities in the long run.