Parents are the most committed, the most influential, and almost the best teachers any child can have. The amount of time a child interacts with parents makes them the most influential force in a child's life. The child gets to learn the most basics of things like walking, speaking and interacting with others. It is under the protections of parents that a child learns to behave in society and to comfort him or herself.
Although parents are the most influential teachers in their children's life, they may not be regarded as the best teachers. Parents generally provide a biased view of the world; they always favor their child, and thus they cannot provide a complete panoramic view of the society. Also parents may set a bad example for their child by abusing and fighting among themselves. Psychologists and recent crime charts have proved that young outlaws generally come from disrespectful families, and have grown up in extreme environments.
A child interacts with many kinds of teachers at schools and colleges. Although these teachers, being professionals, have limited time to devote to a child, they provide a complete and diverse view to their students. They provide unbiased guidance to a child.
During the years of adolescence, children tend to be aggressive and nonconforming to others' views. So the parents need to act like friends rather than teachers to get their experiences through to their children. Eventually, it is the parents who provide an environment for a child to develop and mature, and thus have the capacity to be the best teachers to their child. What is important is to provide an unbiased view to their child, to motivate independent thinking and actuate timely maturation.
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Playing computer games is a waste of time. Children should not be allowed to play them. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. 62
- Is the ability to read and write more important today than in the past Why or why not Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer 77
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? One of the best ways that parents can help their teenage children prepare for adult life is to encourage them to take a part-time job.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. 72
- Do you agree or disagree with the statement that people who learn many different skills are more successful than those who focus on only one skill 44
- AGREE/DISAGRE? Childhood is the happiest time of a person's life 83
No. of Different Words: 144 200
Need to focus on the ideas. better to use this pattern:
para 1: introduction. my choice: A or B. agree or disagree
para 2: reason 1
para 3: reason 2
para 4: reason 3 (optional)
para 5: conclusion: because of reasons 1,2,3, so i choose A/B or agree/disagree.
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 21 in 30
Category: Good Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 0 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 0 2
No. of Sentences: 15 15
No. of Words: 283 350
No. of Characters: 1400 1500
No. of Different Words: 144 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.102 4.7
Average Word Length: 4.947 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.69 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 101 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 82 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 51 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 26 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 18.867 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 5.201 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.333 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.386 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.584 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.14 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 4 5