It is better to be a member of a group that to be a leader of a group

It is better to be a member of a group that to be a leader of a group? Different people will provide variety responses to this question based on their own concerns, emotion, experience, and education background. But I personally would rather be just a member of a group than the leader of that group. I have some reasons to support my idea, I will outline them in below.
First, in order to be a leader of group, folks should contribute to groups activity more than the member of that group. It requires a significant amount of time that I wouldn’t like to spend. In order to make sure everything is going well, a leader of group must oversea other members’ who are involved in the teamwork. In other words, in order to guide the team to the right path and get well along with others, a team leader has to develop positive relationship with the members of the team.
Second, a team is made up numerous folks that come from a variety different background and experiences, and each person is going to work on a different portion of the project. Therefore, in order to accomplish goals, a leader of that group has to have information of all aspects of the organization. For instance, I am a PhD student in mechanical engineering, also I am working as teaching assistant, my duty as teaching assistant is that leading several design teams to design and develop the product that sponsors give us. I speak to individuals who are in charge of different part of the project to help them develop concepts and meet the project requirements. But it takes more energy from me, and I have to study a lot to be able answer to students’ questions, so I don’t want to be TA anymore.
Third, as a team leader, you have to tolerate differences and be patient. A team is more likely to have internal issues among members. As a result, the leader should be involved it and try to overcome the problems.