In twenty years there will be fewer cars in use than there are today

In twenty years there will be fewer cars in use than there are today.

We are living in the twenty first century that is a modern era of technology. The rapid advances in technology have made our lives easier and the people are used to the comforts and luxuries provided by the technology. Cars are one such invention of technology that has made our lives easier and is an item of luxury.

It is the need of the time. In this busy and fast developing world, each and every person needs to be a step ahead of the other. Having a car is a necessity nowadays for the working public. It saves a lot of time as compared to travelling by the public transportation. But it depends on the economic condition as well as the conditions of a place whether a car is suitable for a person. Like in bigger cities or i should say megacities, due to the over crowdedness, the problem of traffic also persists. So, sometimes the people prefer travelling by public transportation than by their own cars. Consider the example of metros, they are much more convenient in terms of being economic, fast and well connected routes.

Moreover, as the non renewable sources are being consumed at a much faster rate, due to their shortage, the prices are going up. So, the condition might occur that people start car pool or rather travel by public transport to depreciate their expenses. Although, travelling by our own car is more comfortable and luxurious but keeping in mind the advantages of adopting public transport or car pool, the trend of fewer cars could definitely increase.

In addition to this the concept of sustainable development could also be applied, that is , meeting the demands of the present while saving for the generations to come. This is possible only if the people spend wisely today on the non-renewable sources, else they will be depleted once and for all. If the people of modern times keep the concept of sustainable development in mind, the number of cars on the road will definitely decrease in the near future.

Furthermore, this could also save our environment from the various kinds of pollution like air pollution, noise pollution and more resulting in a healthy environment to live. So, this issue that in twenty years , there will be fewer cars in use than there are today is a very complicated issue as it depends on the mentality of the people as well as the conditions and circumstances to be faced in the near future.