Claim: The surest indicator of a great nation is not the achievements of its rulers, artists, or scientists.
Reason: The surest indicator of a great nation is actually the welfare of all its people.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim and the reason on which that claim is based.
I agree with the statement above that the achievements of rulers, artisits, or scientists is not an indices of greatness for a nation but rather the welfare of all its people is the criterion on which to judge the greatness of a nation.
A nation is a political entity comprising of people of a common heritage, history, culture, tradition or languages which have entered a political contract – what the Enlightenment era philosopher,John Locke, refers to as a “social contract” between the governed and the governor. This marks the essence of the modern nation – state. In this is contract...
Subscribe as testbig VIP readers and get unlimited access to essays on the top list.
- College students should base their choice of a field of study on the availability of jobs in that field.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to 63
- The following appeared in a memo from a vice president of a manufacturing company."During the past year, workers at our newly opened factory reported 30 percent more on-the-job accidents than workers at nearby Panoply Industries. Panoply produces products 90
- A recent sales study indicates that consumption of seafood dishes in Bay City restaurants has increased by 30 percent during the past five years. Yet there are no currently operating city restaurants whose specialty is seafood. Moreover, the majority of f 68
- The following appeared in a memo from the new vice president of Sartorian, a company that manufactures men's clothing."Five years ago, at a time when we had difficulty obtaining reliable supplies of high-quality wool fabric, we discontinued production of 82
- Scientists and other researchers should focus their research on areas that are likely to benefit the greatest number of people.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoni 10
Sentence: I agree with the statement above that the achievements of rulers, artisits, or scientists is not an indices of greatness for a nation but rather the welfare of all its people is the criterion on which to judge the greatness of a nation.
Error: artisits Suggestion: artists
Sentence: What parameters used in evalauating the welfare of various nations can be contested, but the bottom line is that such evaluations lies on analyzing the general welfare of the populace of a nation.
Error: evalauating Suggestion: evaluating
Sentence: For this reason, various indices, such a mortality rate, investment frienliness, life expectancy and many more are utilized by international organizations like the UN, and UNICEF to describe the progress of nations.
Error: frienliness Suggestion: friendliness
Sentence: The beauty of the United States various achievment would not have been recognized if these various achievements had no impact in the lives of the people of the United States.
Error: achievment Suggestion: achievement
No. of Spelling Errors: 4 2
It is on top list:
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 5.5 out of 6
Category: Excellent Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 0 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 4 2
No. of Sentences: 19 15
No. of Words: 501 350
No. of Characters: 2447 1500
No. of Different Words: 236 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.731 4.7
Average Word Length: 4.884 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.796 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 195 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 138 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 97 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 67 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 26.368 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 12.402 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.526 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.314 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.52 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.101 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 5 5