Essay topics: Claim: We can usually learn much more from people whose views we share than from those whose views contradict our own.
Reason: Disagreement can cause stress and inhibit learning.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim and the reason on which that claim is based.
People learn from both their opponents and supporters. Learning is an impersonal exercise. Irrespective of whether one agree or disagrees with another person’s opinion, such an individual has come to gain knowledge of an opposing point of view. The individual need not change his initial stance, but that individual is now aware of the thoughts of his opponent. Conceded, disagreements bring about stress while arguing, but it no way precludes learning.
Debates and arguments are exercises that mark most modern democracies, such as America’s. Various politicians argue their stances with facts and also go further to study the opinions and facts of their opponents so as to be able to win the ...
Subscribe now as testbig VIP readers and get unlimited access to essays on the top list.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|2 weeks 4 days ago||jessuhm||75||Read full essay|
|2 months 1 week ago||Sandipan Ghosh||50||Read full essay|
|2 months 3 weeks ago||chandr||58||Read full essay|
|8 months 4 days ago||yasj96||66||Read full essay|
|11 months 3 weeks ago||rbradley135||79||Read full essay|
|1 year 1 month ago||urvangP||0||Read full essay|
|1 year 8 months ago||amirbahman||66||Read full essay|
|1 year 10 months ago||harshgre24sept||50||Read full essay|
|1 year 11 months ago||KASEP||16||Read full essay|
|2 years 3 weeks ago||anuja1011||62||Read full essay|
- The following is taken from a memo from the advertising director of the Super Screen Movie Production Company."According to a recent report from our marketing department, during the past year, fewer people attended Super Screen-produced movies than in any (72.5)
- The best way for a society to prepare its young people for leadership in government, industry, or other fields is by instilling in them a sense of cooperation, not competition.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree (65)
- The following appeared in a memo from a vice president of a manufacturing company."During the past year, workers at our newly opened factory reported 30 percent more on-the-job accidents than workers at nearby Panoply Industries. Panoply produces products (90)
- Claim: Any piece of information referred to as a fact should be mistrusted, since it may well be proven false in the future.Reason: Much of the information that people assume is factual actually turns out to be inaccurate.Write a response in which you dis (90)
- Claim: We can usually learn much more from people whose views we share than from those whose views contradict our own.Reason: Disagreement can cause stress and inhibit learning.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagre (90)
- The following is a letter to the editor of an environmental magazine."Two studies of amphibians in Xanadu National Park confirm a significant decline in the numbers of amphibians. In 1975 there were seven species of amphibians in the park, and there were (90)
- Evidence suggests that academic honor codes, which call for students to agree not to cheat in their academic endeavors and to notify a faculty member if they suspect that others have cheated, are far more successful than are other methods at deterring che (82.5)
- College students should base their choice of a field of study on the availability of jobs in that field.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to (62.5)
- The following appeared in a memo from the new vice president of Sartorian, a company that manufactures men's clothing."Five years ago, at a time when we had difficulty obtaining reliable supplies of high-quality wool fabric, we discontinued production of (82)
- Claim: The surest indicator of a great nation is not the achievements of its rulers, artists, or scientists.Reason: The surest indicator of a great nation is actually the welfare of all its people.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which (95)