Claim: We can usually learn much more from people whose views we share than from those whose views contradict our own.
Reason: Disagreement can cause stress and inhibit learning.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim and the reason on which that claim is based.
People learn from both their opponents and supporters. Learning is an impersonal exercise. Irrespective of whether one agree or disagrees with another person’s opinion, such an individual has come to gain knowledge of an opposing point of view. The individual need not change his initial stance, but that individual is now aware of the thoughts of his opponent. Conceded, disagreements bring about stress while arguing, but it no way precludes learning.
Debates and arguments are exercises that mark most modern democracies, such as America’s. Various politicians argue their stances with fact...
Subscribe as testbig VIP readers and get unlimited access to essays on the top list.
- Claim: Any piece of information referred to as a fact should be mistrusted, since it may well be proven false in the future.Reason: Much of the information that people assume is factual actually turns out to be inaccurate.Write a response in which you dis 90
- No field of study can advance significantly unless it incorporates knowledge and experience from outside that field Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the posit 77
- Competition for high grades seriously limits the quality of learning at all levels of education.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In dev 63
- College students should base their choice of a field of study on the availability of jobs in that field.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to 63
- The following appeared in an editorial in a local newspaper."Commuters complain that increased rush-hour traffic on Blue Highway between the suburbs and the city center has doubled their commuting time. The favored proposal of the motorists' lobby is to w 97
Sentence: This is occurs especially when reading a news article online.
Description: The token is is not usually followed by a verb, present tense, 3rd person singular
Suggestion: Refer to is and occurs
Sentence: It is views that are contrary to my opinions that attracts me, because I would want to know why someone would take a stance different from my own opinion which I consider right.
Description: The token is is not usually followed by a noun, plural, common
Suggestion: Refer to is and views
Sentence: This is anoher instance where the stress of arguments does not in anyway tire an individual, but rather sparks the quest to learn more.
Error: anoher Suggestion: another
Sentence: Most times people learn a great deal, and refine their believes and opinons as a result of the contentions they face from oppossing views.
Error: opinons Suggestion: opinions
Error: oppossing Suggestion: opposing
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.037 0.07
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 5.0 out of 6
Category: Very Good Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 2 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 3 2
No. of Sentences: 23 15
No. of Words: 455 350
No. of Characters: 2265 1500
No. of Different Words: 231 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.619 4.7
Average Word Length: 4.978 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.676 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 164 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 125 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 93 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 54 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 19.783 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 9.226 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.652 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.265 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.476 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.037 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 5 5
What caused the flaw in sentence - sentence coherence, in this essay. Thanks. And in between what did human grader assign