Essay topic In surveys Mason City residents rank water sports swimming boating and fishing among their favorite recreational activities The Mason River flowing through the city is rarely used for these pursuits however and the city park department devotes

In surveys Mason City residents rank water sports (swimming, boating, and fishing) among their favorite recreational activities. The Mason River flowing through the city is rarely used for these pursuits, however, and the city park department devotes little of its budget to maintaining riverside recreational facilities. For years there have been complaints from residents about the quality of the river's water and the river's smell. In response, the state has recently announced plans to clean up Mason River. Use of the river for water sports is, therefore, sure to increase. The city government should for that reason devote more money in this year's budget to riverside recreational facilities.

Write a response in which you examine the stated and/or unstated assumptions of the argument. Be sure to explain how the argument depends on these assumptions and what the implications are for the argument if the assumptions prove unwarranted.

The author's argument states to devote more money by the city government in this year's budget to riverside recreational facilities. This argument is based on some assumptions, which needs to be substantiated. He presumes that Mason city residents rank water sports among their favorite recreational activities without providing any relevant data to convince city government to increase their funds for the year.

Firstly, Writer claims about surveys of mason city residents, But here it lacks more data. Survey which was conducted were of how many people,how many people participated in survey? whether 10, 100 or 1000. No such information is provided.further, Author speaks about ranking water sports as favorite recreational activities among them.But, Who ranked them? people who only like watching water sports or to perform them or to just enjoy to go there.

Secondly,Author speaks about little funding provided for maintaining riverside recreational facilities. This assumption underlies the claim that the city should devote more money in this year's budget to riverside recreational facilities. If current facilities are adequately maintained,then increased funding might not be needed even if recreational use of the river does increase.

Further more, Assumption is made regarding cleaning plans of mason river, Due to the complaints of quality of river water and it's smell from the residents and consequently consider's and that it will lead to increment for river water sports. Though, their are complaints, we do not know if their have been numerous complaints from a wide range of people, or perhaps from one or two individuals who made numerous complaints. Additionally, the author implies that residents do not use the river for swimming,boating and fishing, despite their interest, due to the smelly and polluted water. No effective reason is mentioned between lacking of river's use and it's current state.

In addition, author further suggests that usage of river will be increased for water sports due to the plans of cleaning of mason river. What's the connection between both? does water sports were not conducted before? does people stopped coming to watch sports? These reasons are not defined.

Examining all the various angles and factors involved with improving riverside recreational facilities, The argument does not justify increasing the budget. However, this author's argument is not likely significantly persuading the city government to allocate increased funding.

Sentence: Further more, Assumption is made regarding cleaning plans of mason river, Due to the complaints of quality of river water and it's smell from the residents and consequently consider's that it will lead to increment for river water sports.
Description: The tag a noun, singular, proper, genitive is not usually followed by that
Suggestion: Refer to consider's and that

Always capitalize the first letter of a sentence.