Arctic deer live on islands in Canada's arctic regions. They search for food by moving over ice from island to island during the course of the year. Their habitat is limited to areas warm enough to sustain the plants on which they feed and cold enough, at

Arctic deer live on islands in Canada's arctic regions. They search for food by moving over ice from island to island during the course of the year. Their habitat is limited to areas warm enough to sustain the plants on which they feed and cold enough, at least some of the year, for the ice to cover the sea separating the islands, allowing the deer to travel over it. Unfortunately, according to reports from local hunters, the deer populations are declining. Since these reports coincide with recent global warming trends that have caused the sea ice to melt, we can conclude that the purported decline in deer populations is the result of the deer's being unable to follow their age-old migration patterns across the frozen sea.
Write a response in which you discuss what specific evidence is needed to evaluate the argument and explain how the evidence would weaken or strengthen the argument.

The argument lacks several justifications for the key asumptions it makes. It declares globalwarming as the sole reason for decline in the Arctic deer population which has been observed by local hunters of the area, yet it fails to provide adequate evidence for backing it’s declaration. Concerns regarding the authenticity of reports attained by the local hunters, effects of global warming in the specific area where Arctic deer lives and invalidity of any other reason for the observed scenario remain un answered.

The first matter of concern regarding the argument is, that it is based on the observation of some local hunters. The passage has failed to give us a detailed look into who these local hunters really are? do they have representation from all the islands the deer population lives on? how deep have they searched for the deer? have they visited every place the deer population can possibly be?. Moreover the argument fails to negate the notion that these hunters might be the reason for the decrease in deer population, after all they are there for killing it. Thus the author has presented a weak source of information and should have provided details about the authenticity of hunter’s observation.

Next the passage fails to support it’s basic assumption that the melting of ice has occurred due to global warming in the area home to Arctic deer. Moreover it says nothing about the implication of global warming in the area, which gives rise to the probability that these Islands in Canda’s Arctic region may not have been subjected to the effects of global warming at all. Thus the argument should have discussed the the implications of global warming on the region of concern.

Another asumption the author has failed to authenticate is that nothing else has changed for the Arctic deer accept for global warming. Maybe the deer has moved towards south or anywhere else and has adapted to the new environment. Maybe the plant it feeds on is no more growing due to some reason like oil spils or use of pesticides. Moreover it has not decribed the current scenario of it predators, maybe they have increased, causing a larger threat to its life. Thus the author should have mentioned an in depth description of other aspects effecting the deer’s life.

In a nutshell the argument lacks to provide necessay evidence to support it’s claims and thus can be termed flawed, as without the answer to aforementioned concerns the evaluation of the argument is imposible.

Sentence: The argument lacks several justifications for the key asumptions it makes.
Error: asumptions Suggestion: assumptions

Sentence: It declares globalwarming as the sole reason for decline in the Arctic deer population which has been observed by local hunters of the area, yet it fails to provide adequate evidence for backing it's declaration.
Error: globalwarming Suggestion: global arming

Sentence: Concerns regarding the authenticity of reports attained by the local hunters, effects of global warming in the specific area where Arctic deer lives and invalidity of any other reason for the observed scenario remain un answered.
Error: un Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: Another asumption the author has failed to authenticate is that nothing else has changed for the Arctic deer accept for global warming.
Error: asumption Suggestion: assumption

Sentence: Maybe the plant it feeds on is no more growing due to some reason like oil spils or use of pesticides.
Error: spils Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: Moreover it has not decribed the current scenario of it predators, maybe they have increased, causing a larger threat to its life.
Error: decribed Suggestion: described

Sentence: In a nutshell the argument lacks to provide necessay evidence to support it's claims and thus can be termed flawed, as without the answer to aforementioned concerns the evaluation of the argument is imposible.
Error: necessay Suggestion: necessary
Error: imposible Suggestion: impossible

argument 1 -- not OK